Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Voice's random Tuesday thoughts


Today’s doubleheader vs. St. Scholastic (27-4) could have an impact when the 2011 NCAA Division III tournament field is selected later this month. Only the WIAC postseason tournament champion gets the automatic bid and any other team would wait for at large (Poll C) bid. While I think that the Hawks will be part of the tournament field Pool A or not, a couple wins vs 6th ranked CSS would be huge in the tournament committee’s mind.

I blogged a story yesterday on UWW coming back with two wins at Oshkosh Sunday after dropping two on Saturday. I was impressed with the way the Hawks “took it” to Tom Lechnir’s Titans.

Riley Tincher told me following Sunday’s sweep at UWO that “it felt nice to say to myself over and over again, you’re not going to beat me today – it was nice.” That is what senior leadership is all about.

If you haven’t heard, on Saturday the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater will honor one of its own, naming the baseball facility after James B. Miller at a dedication ceremony Saturday, May 7, 2011. The UW-Whitewater baseball team takes on UW-La Crosse at noon, and the dedication will take place between games of the doubleheader. There will be a tailgate during game two, with food and beverages provided. The tailgate will be located in the Miller Stadium Hawk's Nest (down the right field line).

I’ll be blogging much more over the next couple of days on the event and how I perceive Mills’ impact on UWW athletics.

How windy was it Saturday and Sunday in Oshkosh. Being the wimp that I am due to the way I walk, I was nearly knocked down several times by 30+ mph wind gusts while tracking down photos.

UWW athletics is all about chasing national championships. The UW-Whitewater rugby team captured a national title over the weekend. The UW-Whitewater men's rugby team defeated Middlebury College 7-3 in the Division II National Championship in Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Go Hawks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment