Friday, May 27, 2011

Voice’s Eye on D III World Series Weekend from Appleton


• What an opening day for the D III World Series. Filtered sunshine with temperatures in the lower 60’s – OUTSTANDING!

• Game one has just finished – final score: Chapman 9, Kean 4. Marrietta and Salisbury first pitch is now scheduled for 1:55 p.m.

• I was planning on getting to Fox Cities Stadium in time for the 10 a.m. start of the World Series opener between Kean (NJ) and Chapman (CA). Since I am now semi-retired I slept-in and arrived at 11 a.m.

• I ran into UW-Stevens Point coach Pat Bloom in the stands during the Kean-Chapman game. He wished the Hawks good luck but said he and the team would rather be between the lines here in Appleton this weekend.

• Bloom also told me that UWSP center fielder/pitcher Cody Koback is expected to be drafted in one of the top 10 rounds in next months MLB Draft.

• Taking a look into the parking lot off the 1st base side of Fox Cities Stadium and the UW-Whitewater tailgate tent has just started going up under the direction of “Mills” and Bob Lanza.

• The tailgate will run from 2:30 to 4:30 – make sure you wear your “purple” and I’ll see you at the U-Dub-Dub tailgate.

I’LL BE CHECKING BACK ON THE BLOG AT 3 P.M.

GO WARHAWKS!!

- Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment