Friday, May 13, 2011

Voices random throughts midway through the WIAC Conference Tournament

- As I indicated earlier on Friday – voiceseyeonbaseball.blogspot.com was unable to publish posts due to a world-wide Blogger Network technical issue. I wasn’t able to post until about 45 minutes after the Hawks win over Oshkosh.

- I forgot to bring my cell phone on the trip so if anyone has tried to call me EXCUSE ME!!!!

- I love postseason Warhawk baseball. When the goal each year is to get to the Division III World Series the baseball becomes incredibly intense.

- The Hawks’ hitting attack was amazing it the 21-2 win over Oshkosh in Friday’s first game of the 2011 WIAC Tournament. Matt Beyer and Dylan Friend, the Hawks’ No. 7 and No. 8 hitter combined to go 6 for 7, scored a combined 6 runs and 4 RBI.

- I was talking to Linda and Jerry Eichstaedt, Andrew’s mom and dad prior to the Hawks 21-2 win over Oshkosh. I told them I had a feature on Drew that I was going to post later this weekend. About 30 minutes later Drew launched a grand slam home run to give UWW a 6-0 lead in the first inning. After the homer I went over to the Eichstaedts to say that I now need to rework the story.

- The weather for the UWW-UWO game was reminiscent of San Francisco weather. Cool, damp and a light mist for much of the game. Despite the “heavy air” the ball carried well for the Hawks. On top of Eichstaedts grand slam – Rob Coe, Jeff Donovan and Brent “Aussie” Young went “long ball.”

- Jeff Donovan, who leads UWW this year with seven home runs, launched a two-run homer in the fifth inning vs. the Titans. The ball was hit so hard and so far that UWO rightfielder Bobby Kachel (no relation) didn’t move his hands off his knees. It was a bomb KABOOM!

- Speaking of J-Doe, the Warhawks will be Donovan and Tincher ready to take the mound Saturday. The question is if Coach Vodenlich might “roll the dice” and not start either one in Saturday’s first game vs. Oshkosh?

- A reminder for UW-Whitewater baseball fans around the world. Saturday’s Wahawk games will be broadcast by KOOL 106.5 and via audio stream.

click here to listen to UW-Whitewater postseason baseball games

No comments:

Post a Comment