Sunday, May 15, 2011

Voice's random thoughts for Sunday

I’m back from a weekend in Stevens Point. I’ve been chastised from several for failing to take my cell phone on the trip.

• I watched the MIAC championship game on my computer this afternoon. Hamline comes from behind to shock St. Thomas 7-5 to gain the conference’s automatic NCAA bid.

• I can’t wait for the NCAA Division III playoff participants to be announced Monday. The prevailing opinion is the Warhawks will join UWSP as part of the Midwest Region field to be played at the Mills.

• If you haven’t voted yet – please do. The voiceseyeonbaseball.blogspot.com Reader’s Poll is asking if UWW will get an at-large NCAA Division III playoff bid.

• I got an email from UWW SID Tom Fick today on the NCAA’s rules and regulations when it comes to blogging in the tournament. There are restrictions that I must follow – the NCAA indicates they will be viewing all blogs throughout the tournament. I appreciate the “hits”

• Weather this week appears to be pretty good, at least for the couple days of the tournament. I’m Hoping for a HUGE Whitewater fan base at Miller Stadium.

• If you can’t make it to the Mills you’ll be able to listen to all UW-Whitewater action with Gary Douglas on KOOL 106.5 and streamed live. I’ll have the Web URL’s for you on Tuesday.

• My daughter Kimberlee helped me set up my facebook so I can post my Voiceseyeonbaseball.blogspot.com posts to my facebook “friends”. I am in the process for setting up Warhawkfootball.com for posting on facebook.

• As far as the Stevens Point Holiday Inn Express is concerned, I think I was the only non-hockey player or coach at the hotel. Try-outs for Team-Wisconsin were taking place with try-outees from all over the state in Point for the weekend.

• Why are Illinois drivers in SUV’s such idiots on I-90-94-39 from Portage to Newville?

• Doing these Voices Random Thought posts are from the inspiration of reading Tom Coe’s column each week in the Whitewater Register. I MISS THAT COLUMN!

• I’ll have plenty posted on the blog over the next few days including feature articles on several UW-Whitewater baseball players and coaches.

GO WARHAWKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment